Career Opportunities – Software Developer (Core Technology Team)
Bracknell (Chertsey to May 2020) (*)
Are you a strong graduate software developer with 1 to 3 years experience and held back in your current role?
Are you looking for a significant software development challenge with real career acceleration?
Do you want rewards that match what you deliver?
If the answer to these questions is YES, then we would like to hear from you.
OnTheMove is a software product, built using the latest technology, that allows organisations to deploy enterprise applications to mobile devices with a genuine mobile first UI. Our customers have been extremely successful with the product and we believe it has a great future in an expanding range of sub-markets.
Because our products are, in essence, a toolkit from which our customers create a final configuration to deploy to users, we need the very best developers who have the intellectual rigour to think through all the ways what they are coding might be used and have the determination to build solutions that will be robust in all circumstances.
After a short induction period, you will be working on core product code to address real customer requirements. The work typically involves:
- building high quality solutions following good design principles, with minimal supervision. At this level, the features you will be working on will often be large and complex
- contributing to overall product design decisions / discussions about best practices
- developing test cases
- supporting our customers and internal consultants in their use of the product – typically identifying the root cause of reported problems
- assisting in mentoring more junior team members
We anticipate that there will also be the chance to work on customer implementation projects, configuring OnTheMove to the needs of particular organisations, and the configuration / support of vertical application products built in our core technology.
For the right person, there will be the opportunity to rapidly advance into areas such as product ownership, team leadership and more customer interaction.
We aim to recruit the very best people and the salary packages that we offer reflect this.
Your starting salary will depend on your experience but, for someone with one year of high quality experience, think about a package of about £44,000 comprising:
- a basic salary of £42,000
- a contribution of up to 5% of basic salary on a matching basis into your own personal pension scheme
Your salary will be reviewed after 6 months and, depending on progress, there is room for significant and rapid growth of your package.
The company is currently based in Chertsey near junction 11 of the M25. In May 2020 we will be relocating to a floor of a modern office building near Bracknell town centre that is currently being fitted out to our specifications. Depending on the date of joining and an individual’s current location, we may be able to cover some of the costs associated the additional commutes to one location or the other.
In order to apply, you need:
- a 2:1 or better in a numerate discipline from a reputable institution (or equivalent if you studied outside of the UK). If you have not yet graduated, you need a reasonable expectation of a suitable degree. We recruit from a wide range of backgrounds. You do not need to have a Computer Science degree – we are just as interested to hear from candidates with other numerate degrees such as Maths, Physics and Engineering. All of our team have at least a Bachelors degree, some have progressed to a Masters or Doctorate.
- 3 A levels at grade A or B in serious subjects (or equivalent if you studied outside of the UK)
- excellent and well-proven development skills in the following:
- C# development experience including .NET Framework or .NET Core
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience/understanding of test-driven development/automated testing in general
- (Nice to have) Experience with Azure/AWS
- (Nice to have) Experience with continuous integration / UI testing
- enthusiasm, determination and a sense of “mission”
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
Please send your CV, together with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please:
- specify that you are applying for the Software Developer role
- provide as much detail as possible about your experience since graduation, exams taken and grades achieved
- tell us where you first saw our recruitment advertising
We aim to have a short, simple and effective process. Once we have received your application, if we are interested in taking things further, the typical process will be:
- a short telephone interview
- a technical test that you can complete remotely and we would anticipate would take about 2 or 3 hours
- maximum of two face to face interviews normally lasting about an hour each
We often make job offers within a month of receiving an initial application – sometimes even faster.
We do apply for work permits for successful applicants on occasions but, for this to be possible, your CV must be very strong, and the chances of a successful work permit application must be good. It must be practical for us to interview you in the UK.